WORKSHOP #1— ANCHORING
When: Saturday, May 21st
Where: M Dock Pavilion
What: Anchoring – Selecting an anchor, line and chain, making up an anchor rode, setting and retrieving an anchor, tying a cleat hitch, plus on-the-water training.
Who: All members and guests are welcome.
Bring: Lunch and a beverage.
Instructor: Capt. Mike K. (SV Rangatira)
Reply: Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan on attending.
- These workshops are In lieu of our Friendship Sails in which participation has waned considerably.
- The subjects are based on my conversations last summer with members who expressed concerns about not knowing how to or feeling uncomfortable with items such as:
- Rafting up
- Rescuing a man overboard
- Reefing and heaving to
- Sailing Downwind and Jibing
- Towing a disabled sailboat
- Knot tying and line splicing (we’ll do a different knot at each workshop)
- These workshops will be held on Saturdays when no other events are scheduled.
- Participants should bring a box lunch and a beverage for themselves.
- We’ll do Lunch from 1200 to 1300 (more or less time as required) at M-dock Pavilion accompanied with a short How-to visual aid and discussion.
- Then we’ll head out on the water as a group on our boats to have a practice run with each boat, take some photos for the website and Captain’s Mug Dinner, and have some fun learning something new and building confidence.